6:30 am to 3:00 pm
Monday through Friday
Beginning Monday, June 2, 2014 through Friday, August 1, 2014
BPS Substitute Employment Requirements
the BPS School District.
information is being provided to assist you in completing
Important Information for FLORIDA RETIREES ONLY
Retirements with an effective date on or after 07/01/2010 may not be reemployed for 6 calendar months.
Reemployed retirees will have a reemployment limitation period for the following 6 calendar months (months 7 -12) where they will have to suspend their pension benefits – There are no reemployment exceptions.
Please check with the retirement department for the State of Florida if you are unsure - Working after Retirement
CHOOSE YOUR PATHWAY TO BECOME A BPS SUBSTITUTE
Information, steps, & forms for
Information, steps, & forms for
BPS EMPLOYEES ONLY
SUBSTITUTE EMPLOYMENT QUESTIONS - What
Path Do I Follow?
1. If I have or have had a teaching certificate, do I need to complete the online substitute training course?
No, you do NOT need to complete the online substitute training course. However, you will need to submit a copy of your active or expired teaching certificate. Please follow instructions for PATHWAY 1.
2. I have a Florida Statement of Eligibility. Do I need to complete the online substitute training course?
is, 'Are you a trained teacher?' If you ARE a
trained teacher, you do not need to complete
the online training.
If you ARE NOT
a trained teacher, you ARE required to
complete the online substitute training
course. Please follow PATHWAY 2.
3. I have a degree in education (Bachelors or higher) but I have never taught or held a teaching certificate from any state. Do I need to complete the online substitute training course?
No, you do NOT need to complete the online substitute training course. Please follow instructions for PATHWAY 1.
4. I have a Florida Statement of Eligibility. Do I need to apply for a District Issued Substitute Certificate?
Yes you do. A Statement of Eligibility is NOT a Florida State Certificate and you must apply for a District Issued Substitute Certificate.
5. I have an AA / AS degree in education but I do not have my Bachelors yet, what path do I follow?
depends - have you finished your education
If yes, please follow
instructions for PATHWAY 1. If no, please
follow instructions for PATHWAY 2.
6. Do I need to bring in a copy of all my transcripts, such as an Associate degree?
Yes. Faxed or copied transcripts will not be accepted.
7. There is a form in the that needs to be notarized. Is there a notary in Human Resources?
Resources has a notary available.
8. When do I go for my drug screening?
The school that you choose to have your initial substitute interview conducted, your home school, will issue the paperwork and send you for drug screening. The fee for drug screening may be paid with a local check or money order for $25.00
9. Is the Substitute Teacher position a part-time or full-time position?
A Substitute is a temporary employee who
works on an on-call basis, as-needed, with
no guarantee of work days or hours.
10. What is the cost of fingerprinting?
fingerprinting fee is $54.50. When you
register online you may pay by credit card
or bring a money order to the Office of
District and School Security when you go to
be fingerprinted. No checks or cash